Overtone Industries is seeking a bass-baritone for their newest Opera Theater work, "ICELAND: a re-Creation Myth" to premiere at La MaMa Experimental Theater Club in New York City in March 2023.
Against a background of nature and myth, ICELAND is a story of two strangers in search of a lost connection that transcends the ordinary. Supernatural forces try to unite these two would-be lovers, but their efforts are complicated by human free will.
- Initial submission by Video
- In Person Call Backs Sunday January 8th from 2-5pm
Rehearsal / Performance dates
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights and Saturday daytime rehearsals starting Feb. 20th
- 6-8 performances, Friday - Sunday starting March 24th
Rehearsals will be held at:
La MaMa's Great Jones Studios: 47 Great Jones Street, NYC
Performances will be in the Ellen Stewart Theater
creative team members
ICELAND is an original 2-act opera written and composed by O-Lan Jones and Emmett Tinley and will be directed by O-Lan Jones.
This is a non-union project, Performers will be compensated $25/hr for rehearsals and $100/performance.
We are seeking a classically-trained bass-baritone for the role of The Bull, a mythic-beast of ICELAND. The Bull has the power to shake the heroine free of her old ways. This is a featured ensemble role with a stand-alone aria.
Performers of all ethnic backgrounds, particularly Black singers, are encouraged to audition.
- the HIDDENFOLK ensemble includes four featured soloists that perform in the Bel Canto style for the roles of the MYTHIC BEASTS.
How to Submit
Please prepare the following and fill out our AUDITION FORM
- 1 Page Resume
- Bio (250 words or less)
- Link to a live video performance
- Any restrictions on your availability during the rehearsal process
Those invited to an audition will be asked to prepare a short (16-32 bar) excerpt of a song for the role they are being considered for. An Accompaniment track will be provided.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter