Audition Notice - Overtone Industries 2024 Season
Overtone Industries is holding general auditions for our spring performance events! Please send your submission by Jan 21st to be considered. We are looking for singers with diverse musical and artistic backgrounds in the Los Angeles area with interest and experience with opera-theatre.
We have two anticipated events:
- A workshop of a new opera in progress in Mid-April
- A performance of selections from SONGS AND DANCES OF IMAGINARY LANDS in the first week of June for the Opera America conference / World Opera Forum.
All rehearsals will be in the 2-3 weeks proceeding the performances. Rehearsals and performances will be compensated.
To be considered, performers will be asked to submit basic materials including two contrasting performance samples: one "classical" and one "non-classical" performance clip. We prefer live performance when possible and genres outside of Broadway/musical theater. Please visit our YouTube channel for examples of our previous work.
Audition Submission Dates:
- Submissions due by Jan 21st
- Callbacks, February 3rd and 4th at Rachel Rosenthal Studio - times TBD
Please contact us at [email protected] with questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note for all roles/singers:
- Needs to have vocal training and be able to read music and comfortably sing in harmony. We are specifically looking for performers with a unique, authentic sound comfortable singing in non-genre specific styles (we are not, for instance, looking for 'Broadway’ style singing).
- Some, or all, of the cast will be playing the instruments for the opera (ie - Hand Drums, harmoniums, etc..)
- All cast must be proficient with choreography; excellent movers (dance experience a plus)